Monday 21 November 2011

The Upside of Mondays and Road Rage

We really are animals...
Happy Monday bloggies (yes, I have nicknamed the collective group of people who read my blog).  Yes, I know Mondays suck for everyone, but they are actually my version of Sunday usually, so I quite enjoy Mondays.  Working a job that is not 9-5 can seem inconvenient sometimes when it comes to making plans with all you normal people, however, for everything else - it's actually kind of great.  This is because while all you normal people are working, I have the ability to do things without having to deal with crowds of people.  For example, the grocery store - living downtown means that the stores that I go to are even busier than most since you have a lot of people living in a tight area with only a couple of grocery store options available.  Despite the immense amount of patience that I have acquired over the years, every once in a while even I can pull a Dan and dump my groceries while waiting in line and just get the hell out of there.  You have to admit, waiting in line to give people your money is a pretty outrageous concept.  Unless there is some massive sale that ends that day, I will walk away from any purchase that I am trying to make if I have to stay in line for too long.  Once, I actually bought a bottle of vodka for a guy in front of me in line at the liquor store because there was some issue with his card and he was going to run home and get his credit card and the clerk didn't know how to suspend the transaction.... yada, yada, yada.  I literally became so annoyed and impatient I just paid for it.  However, thanks to my unusual work schedule these are problems that I rarely have to face.  Traffic too is a big one, seriously, no one in this city knows how to drive.  Getting my errands done during the day on a Thursday means I can drive down roads without having to yell and scream at other people for being complete and utter idiots... I don't always have road rage, but when I do, it's not pretty.  I often pick Dan up from work downtown, despite the fact that it's about a 5 minute drive, this is often the most trying drive that I ever do.  There's this one turn in particular where I just about lose my mind everyday (for those of you familiar with Calgary it's where you turn onto 9 Ave from 3 St), here you have 4 lanes on a one way turning on to 5 lanes (one of which is for street parking).  I always go into the far outside lane, this lane turns into the 4th lane of 9 Ave - yet, without failure, every single time I do this some idiot from the 3rd lane thinks that he can turn into the 4th lane because apparently logic completely fails this individual. Ah, I actually just got mad trying to explain it.  Anyway, the point of all this was that I usually don't have to deal with these kinds of problems since I work weird hours which generally means that the only people I can ever hang out with are other people who also work hours or when things are planned far enough in advance that I can take time off.  Today, however, I literally got none of the things done that I wanted to get done with the exception of my workout and writing this blog.  Instead, I am going to deal with all the ridiculous lines at the grocery store like everyone else after I go and pick Dan up on the most infuriating 5 minute drive of my life - kind of makes me feel like an idiot for somehow wasting my entire day, especially since I have no idea what I actually did.

Day 21:
43 minutes
45-60 rpm
13.6km
+50 sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment