Sunday 13 November 2011

How to Change the Colour of my Face

This is what I mean by Tomato Red Face!
Well, I just got back upstairs from my workout this evening.  I have discovered the benefit of working out at night versus during the day: better things to watch on t.v.  There was no The Thing, or incredibly boring CBC made for t.v. movies.  I am, however, still a girl and I watched He's Just Not That Into You - this may not seem like something better on t.v. for my male readers, but for me personally, it was quite enjoyable.  I am almost considering bringing a DVD player down there so I can watch other cheesy (and therefore awesome) movies like The Notebook or Romeo and Juliet - all male tenants in the building who workout would be ruing the day that I decided to be healthy!
I realized the other day that I haven't actually explained why my blog is named Tomato Red Face; maybe most of you have figured it out, but just in case you haven't it's because that is what my face looks like after I workout.  I also discovered last night that, that is how my face looks after I eat pretty much a whole habanero pepper.  Last night at work, I naively and foolishly believed one of my co-workers when he told me to try a pepper that wasn't that hot.  Normally, I doubt everything that the kitchen guys try to give me, it's a skill that I developed from growing up with brothers who always found a great deal of humour in making me suffer varying degrees of pain and embarrassment.  For some reason that ingrained mistrust was not present last night, and I ate a good three quarters of this little habanero.  It didn't seem so bad at first but within probably 25 seconds, I was doubled over exhaling what I can only assume were flames.  One guy suggested putting salt in my mouth - that didn't do the trick.  I swished olive oil around in my mouth, I drank a beer, I drank water, I ate ice cream... It was intense, and my face went tomato red as tears streamed down my face; both from pain and immense laughter.  I thought it only seemed fitting that I should repeat that story here on my Tomato Red Face blog.  I hope you got a giggle, though I doubt you cried laughing as I did. 
It wasn't this bad... thank goodness: Girl Eats a Ghost Pepper

Day 15:
elliptical
40 minutes
45-60 rpm
11.6km
+
50 sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment