Friday 18 November 2011

The Twilight Zone

Ah... the good old days when E=MC2 answered everything.
Good morning!  That's right, morning.  I am not a morning person, I never have been and I am sure that I never will be.  However, for some strange reason this morning I woke up at 6:45 and could not get back to sleep.  So instead of just lying there for two hours waiting for my alarm to go off to get up for work, I decided that I would make use of this time and do my workout in the morning.  I actually was not planning on working out at all today, I thought I would give myself a little break but what else are you going to do when you can't sleep and such an ungodly hour?  I have always been much more of a night person, usually the only time that I see the morning is when I have yet to see my bed.  Even before the days of going out and partying, this is what I predisposed to.  I am sure my dad has images of waking up for work to find me in the computer room still playing video games or chatting on line, or even on the phone.  While I rarely stay up quite late these days, I still probably average a 2am to 3am bedtime.  It doesn't seem as odd when you consider the fact that I typically work in the evening, but also I just like the night time better.  If you're out somewhere there is next to no one out and about, sure you can't get in anywhere, but everything just seems much more peaceful late at night.  I also like the darkness - I know what you're thinking, "What!?  You, crazy pale, bordering translucent... You prefer darkness over sunlight???"  Don't get me wrong, I am not one of these weirdo vampire wannabes - I do enjoy the sun, but it can get to be a bit much for me.  This is probably why I never go South, and when I do (like the time we had a family trip to North Carolina) I squirm around, complain, and whine about the brightness and the heat.  Seriously, I have memories of being in the car and over-dramatically thinking I was going to suffocate.  So given my distaste for the morning, you can imagine how ususual it is to finally wake up and experience one only to end up watching the traffic report filled with backed up cars on the highways with their lights on because.... drumroll, it's dark!  Sure, sure I knew that this happened, but it's still strange to wake up to darkness.  Dan has a tendency to complain about this, although not so much recently, but I totally understand it - if I had to wake up at 6am to go to work for 7am, I would want to walk to work in the sunlight, not the dreary darkness that indicates that you should still be in bed, asleep, where it's warm.  Having said all that, it feels kind of good looking at the clock and seeing that it's 9am and instead of just waking up I have already had breakfast, gotten in a workout, sat in the hot tub, and now I have completed my daily blog. 

Day 20:
40 minutes
45-55rpm
12.3km
+
50 sit ups

No comments:

Post a Comment