Wednesday 9 November 2011

Fat Abs and Exercise Weirdos

What's the point of having abs with belly like that??
Hello blog readers!  Coming at you late in the evening once again.  I forgot that I was covering day shifts today and tomorrow, so working split shifts doesn't leave much time for exercising and blogging.  Instead, I only managed to get some exercising in today between shifts, so all my determined talk yesterday about hopefully being able to really push myself today was unfortunately derailed by time constraints.  Although, I don't think that it's a complete loss since work means being on my feet and walking around for what came to 10 hours today; that, combined with the bit of a workout that I did get in, makes me feel a bit better about not having the time to do more today.  I do need to get back to my previous workout time in the morning though because frankly, I have realized that around 3:00p.m. is when all the weidos workout.  Both yesterday and today this little man came down while I was working out and he just moves strangely about the fitness room.  First he sat on the bike for about 2 minutes, then he went onto the elliptical, and at this point I thought maybe he was waiting to use the treadmill.  I just kind of watch him in the mirror as he moved from one piece of equipment to another... by the time that he left the treadmill was the only thing that he hadn't used in the whole gym and he spent no more than two minutes on any given piece of equipment.  That was yesterday.  Today, he came down once again at the same time and rapidly moved himself around the room climbing on to each and everything in there but never staying on one thing even close to long enough to actually receive heath benefits from having done so.  All in all, I find this man very strange; it's like he works up the motivation to get himself down there and once he does he becomes instantly bored with everything and once he has tried it all he just leaves...  Yes, I certainly preferred my morning workout time when I managed to avoid seeing anyone at all.  As for the workouts themselves, I am feeling good physically about things, but at the same time I don't feel that I have seen any physical results.  I know, obviously, that it does take a while to start seeing the results of all this but today I actually thought that my stomach had gotten bigger - I think Dan disagrees, but he's nice and loves me and therefore is totally biased and completely unreliable.  If my doing sit-ups is going to result in me having one of those beer belly six packs (where your stomach still sticks out but is defined) I will throw up on myself right now.  Okay, I did not throw up on myself, but I am still hoping that that is not the case.  I am sure that won't happen, that seems to be more of a guy thing...

Day 13:
17 minutes
1.47 miles
5.5mph
+
elliptical
5 minutes
1.6km
50-55 rpm
+
50 sit-ups

1 comment: