Tuesday 1 November 2011

Getting from A to &?$

Bet you're wondering how the hell this factors in... ya you are.
So today I was a little slow getting into my routine thanks to the late night of counting booze and creeping myself out.  I finally got down to the gym around 1:00 to start my workout - I say workout because I decided to switch things up today.  After doing some extensive research (and by research I mean typing a question into Google) it occurred to me that the high impact of daily running might now be what's best for my body as I am trying to turn it back into the epitome of athleticism that it used to be - I wrote this because it sounded awesome, not because I am or ever was totally full of myself.  Some articles suggested that it may not be that good for someone just starting out to be running every single day.  Given how my muscles were feeling during my run last night, I thought it best to embrace this idea and so I opted for a machine that I literally did not know the name of until I read it off the instruction manual that was sitting next to it on the floor: elliptical.  Once I read it I felt pretty stupid as it turns out I knew what it was all along.  I wish I could really share with you the ways that I was thinking of describing the machine to you before I noticed the instruction - most of the descriptions related to the way that it felt to use the machine: I felt like I was running on clouds, I felt like I was in one of those robots from Halo, I felt like I was a puppet trapped on an evil running machine.  I'm not going to lie, being inside my brain might actually scare or at least greatly confuse a lot of people.  I am sure that we have all done it, but you know those moments when you're thinking of something and then it occurs to you that what you are thinking is completely ridiculous, and then you try to figure out how on earth you got to thinking about what it would have been like if your mom had been a circus performer and your dad was a train conductor and how that would have changed your entire life like a bad episode of Sliders....  Well, I have those moments a lot. My mind seems to like to run away from me a lot, or maybe not mean but certainly away from convention.  That's why I always wished that I had any form of talent in the realm of painting - I feel like I have some weird shit in my head that would translate better through a visual medium than through words.  Alas, I do not have any such talent and I am left to fumble around with words to try and communicate all my strange and unusual thoughts to others.  Getting back to the point of the matter, my stats on my workout will be a bit different today because the elliptical did not seem to have a reading for speed... there was something about rpm, but I have no idea how to relate to previous speed readings.  Also the distance in relation to time seems really wonky, maybe tomorrow I will read that manual...

Day 7:
23:30
7.0km = 4.34 miles
+
40 sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment