Thursday 5 January 2012

Blogging in the New Year

Oh Calvin... I agree, you are perfect.
Well, it is time for my holiday hiatus to come to an end!  I know it has been quite a while since I have regaled you all with my glorious stories and mildly uncomfortable glimpses into my psyche but now that December has come and gone it's time to rededicate myself to my blogging and my workouts.  Unfortunately, I don't have a workout to report to you today - I'm coming off the tail end of a sickness that saw me right through the new year and has continued to keep me nearly drink-free in 2012(I managed 2 beers during that heart-wrenching loss in the World Junior semi-final).  I did however, take the stairs twice today, that's right twice.  It doesn't seem to matter how much you exercise or how fit you are, there is something about opting out of the elevator and taking the stairs that consistently makes you feel exponentially healthier than usual.  Some of you may be wondering what the holidays have to do with keeping me so completely preoccupied that I had no time to write or exercise at all.  While I did have time to write, I didn't have the time/energy to get in my workouts due to the hectic nature the holiday season brings to the restaurant world.  So without the guise of my workouts to write under, I felt that my blogging would be exposed for the self-indulgent activity that it is.  Now that I have gone ahead and let that cat out of the bag, I guess from now on I will just blog regardless of whether or not I workout; rest assured I will be working out again soon though.  I'm hopeful that tomorrow I will no longer feel so congested that the idea of mounting my old friend the elliptical seems impossible (erase all gross and inappropriate thoughts from your mind that occurred at the word "mounting").  That's all I have for you tonight, I will leave you filled with suspense as you slip into sleep wondering whether or not I will find the energy and enough well-being to get back into my workout routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment