Sunday 30 October 2011

No Rest for the Wicked

Maybe just eye-candy but still...
Despite the fact that it's Sunday, a day that people usually take for rest and relaxation, I opted to continue my running today; however, not before having a little Sunday fun myself.  Dan and I went to go see Rum Diary - the adaptation of Hunter S. Thompson's novel by the same name, but unfortunately neither of us felt that the film really came close to the bar set by the novel.  Don't get me wrong, the film was entertaining but it seems that Rum Diary the novel was manipulated to create more of an homage to Thompson than to tell the story that Thompson had intended with the novel.  Regardless I would recommend seeing it for the footage of the ever-amazing Johnny Depp alone (he's definitely on my 'list'!)  It was a bit of a struggle to mentally motivate myself to do so, but I managed to get myself into the gym instead of just parking it on the couch.  I have kind of surprised myself with my ability to self-motivate in respect to my running/blogging project; I know that it has only been 5 days, but getting things started is often the part that I find the most difficult - I find that once I get going with something it actually becomes difficult to stop me.  That's an attribute that is probably largely responsible for me actually completing all my assignments through university, however most of those assignments were started and completed late into the night the day before they were due.  So to have gotten myself up and running (haha, sweet pun, no?) with this project is definitely a really good start for me - hopefully it will be just as difficult for me to stop this as it is for me to stop one of my slightly obsessive compulsive cleaning streaks... If you have ever worked with me, you know how excessive it can get!
Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday!

Running Day 5:
22 min 30 seconds
5.7mph
2.13 miles
+
35 sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment